Welcome to La Jolla Country Club. We are delighted to have you as our guest today. We know your round will be more enjoyable if you join us in observing the traditions described below. Please be mindful that no guest may play more than eight times in a calendar year.
Speed of Play
1. Our pace of play rating is four hours and five minutes. Please maintain your position with the group in front of yours so that your round may be completed in the allocated time or less.
2. PLAY READY GOLF. To help you finish your round in four hours, always be ready to play your next shot. This means hitting out of turn when appropriate.
3. When using a 3 & 4 bag cart attachment, please help expedite play by taking clubs with you to your next shot.
4. If at least one hole is open ahead of your group, you must allow the faster group behind you to play through.
Repair Ball Marks
Please use the Green Fix divot tool to repair ball marks on greens. Repairing a ball mark takes just ten seconds to complete. An unrepaired mark takes over two weeks to heal.
1. Tap down divot first with putter.
2. Hold tool at a 45-degree angle.
3. Just PUSH around the ball mark…do not lift, twist, or jab.
4. TAP smooth with your putter.
Use Sand to Fill Divots
Our Kikuyu grass will regerminate more rapidly if you fill in your divot with the sand provided on carts and tees.
Driving Range & Practice Area
Please do not hit balls over the fence into the 9th or 10th fairways or into the practice area on tee left. Use the reduced flight yellow balls to help minimize the risk.
The use of cell phones, pagers and beepers are not permitted on the golf course or in and around the clubhouse. In the case of an emergency we have designated phone rooms - please ask service personnel to direct you to these areas.
Golf Course Dress Code
The dress code has been established to maintain a level of decorum that is befitting one of the finest clubs in the region, and to respect the traditions associated with the game of golf. In keeping with the private country club atmosphere of La Jolla Country Club, we ask that Members and their guests wear appropriate golf clothing that is in good taste. It is the responsibility of all Members to inform their guests of the dress code. This policy will be enforced by the Golf Professional Staff.
• Soft spiked golf shoes are mandatory. Steel spike shoes are not permitted. Any footwear that may damage the golf course will not be allowed. Tennis shoes with smooth, non-abrasive soles may be worn as an alternative to regulation golf shoes. No tennis shoes with raised, ribbed, or abrasive soles shall be worn. Open toe golf shoes are not permitted.
• Jeans, jean shorts, cut-off shorts, expandable pocket/cargo shorts and pants are not permitted. Pants and shorts with decorative side pockets may be worn.
• Bare midriff tops, faded, torn or tattered clothing, running shorts, scrubs, fitness leotards, sweat clothes, yoga pants, and swimwear are not appropriate or permitted on the golf course.
• Headwear, caps and visors shall be worn with bills positioned forward.
• When arriving in non-approved attire, members and guests must walk from the parking lot through the Pro Shop to the locker rooms to change into appropriate clothing.
• Appropriate golf shirts include blouses, shirts or sweaters. Golf shirts which are designed not to be tucked in are acceptable. Sleeveless tops with collars and collarless tops with sleeves are permitted; however tank tops, halter tops and t-shirts are not permitted.
• Shorts, skirts or skorts are acceptable but may be no shorter than mid-thigh length.
• Appropriate golf shirts include shirts with sleeves and collars. Mock turtlenecks with sleeves are permitted. Shirts must be tucked in. T-shirts or shirts with large printing on the front or back are not permitted.
• Slacks and shorts are acceptable
CLUBHOUSE Dress Code
The Clubhouse dress code is established in expectation that dress will fulfill both the needs of comfort and decorum in keeping with generally accepted standards prevalent in comparable private clubs. Members and guests shall present themselves with a neat and clean appearance, wearing appropriate clothing that is in good taste. Members are responsible to inform their guests of this policy and are responsible for ensuring guests are attired properly. Management reserves the right to refuse dining service to anyone not in compliance with the Club’s dress code. This policy will be enforced by staff at a supervisor and above level.
In the Club Management’s discretion, the dress code for Private Parties and Member Events may vary.
Clubhouse Attire for Men and Women (excluding Jewel Room)
• Approved golf attire is acceptable for the Clubhouse (See above).
• Gentlemen shall wear collared shirts. T-shirts and tank tops are not permitted. Shirts must be tucked in unless they are square cut.
• Footwear must be worn at all times. Leather sandals may be worn, but beach/rubber flip-flops and shower shoes are not permitted.
• Jeans are only permitted in the Fireside Room, Outside Patio, 19th Hole and Traditions Room. Jeans must be worn with an appropriate cut, excellent condition and consistent in color.
• Dress shorts and skorts, no shorter than mid-thigh length, for women are permitted. Halter tops and strapless dresses and tops that are not overly revealing may be worn.
• Cut-offs, expandable pockets/cargo shorts and pants, bare midriff tops, faded, torn or tattered clothing, running shorts, scrubs, fitness leotards, sweat clothes, yoga pants, and swimwear are not appropriate for the Clubhouse or grounds.
• When arriving in non-approved attire, Members and guests must walk from the parking lot through the Pro Shop to the locker rooms to change into appropriate clothing.
• Men shall not wear baseball caps, hats or visors in the Clubhouse. Hats may be worn in the Pro Shop and in the outside areas of the Fireside Room.
The Jewel Dining Room Attire for Men and Women
• Men shall wear slacks and closed toed shoes.
• Men’s shirts must have a collar. T-shirts are not permitted.
• Jackets or blazers are strongly encouraged after 5:30 p.m.
• Women shall wear appropriate dining attire including dress shorts or skorts.
• Dress sandals are permitted for women.
• Jeans and denim are not permitted in the Jewel Dining Room, either for men or women.
Directions to the Club
From the South
I-5 to La Jolla Parkway West (turns into Torrey Pines Road). Left on Girard Avenue, left at the next traffic light on Pearl Street, go two blocks and turn right on High Avenue. On High Avenue, follow the winding road up the hill. The Clubhouse can be seen from the bottom of the hill.
From the North
I-5 to La Jolla Village Drive turnoff. West on La Jolla Village to Torrey Pines Road, left on Torrey Pines, left on Girard Avenue, left at traffic lights on Pearl Street, go two blocks and turn right on High Avenue. On High Avenue, follow the winding road up the hill. The Clubhouse can be seen from the bottom of the hill.
From the East
Hwy. 52 (San Clemente Canyon) to La Jolla Parkway West which turns into Torrey Pines Road. Left on Girard Avenue, left at next traffic light onto Pearl Street, go two blocks and turn right on High Avenue.On High Avenue, follow the winding road up the hill. The Clubhouse can be seen from the bottom of the hill.